RVs and campers give you the freedom to get out on the open road and travel, but they don’t take you away from the possibility of an accident or the responsibility of protecting yourself from one. RV insurance is unique in that it protects your vehicle like car insurance and your living area like home insurance.
RV and camper insurance offers protection against collisions and road emergencies, as well as theft, fire, liability and other disasters. Because recreational vehicles are typically larger than others on the road, consider getting greater liability coverage than your standard auto policy.
Within RV & camper insurance coverage, there are multiple ways to personalize your policy. Our dedicated team at Eversure Insurance can help you tailor yours to meet your unique needs. Here are some general guidelines about RV & camper insurance to discuss with your agent.
Who Needs RV & Camper Insurance?
Different classes of recreational vehicles exist, and each need special coverage.
- Class A covers RVs built like large commercial buses. Think of it as a home on wheels with everything you need! These vehicles are often very expensive, as much as a few hundred thousand dollars.
- Class B vehicles resemble vans, but have taller ceilings, a longer wheelbase to accommodate the weight and additional room they provide.
- Class C vehicles are large vehicles made from trucks or vans.
Fifth-wheel trailers are specifically made for pulling on the highway and camping or long-term use. They may be used for different purposes, including:
- Toy haulers, which typically fully contain ‘toys’ such as snowmobiles and dirt bikes.
- Horse trailers (especially those with sleeper units)
- Pop-up campers, which can be collapsed for easy storage and transport
- All-terrain-vehicles (ATVs) including three- and four-wheelers.
Options for Your RV Insurance Policy
Based on your RV use, your insurance policy may contain some or all these options:
- Insurance for full-time RVers.
- Seasonal coverage if you vacation just a few times a year
- Camper liability — protection against injuries or accidents inside your mobile home and the lot or campsite it’s parked on.
- Extra bodily and property damage liability, especially if you have an expensive and large RV.
- 24-hour roadside assistance to save time and money and provide invaluable peace of mind!
- Emergency expense money
- Total loss coverage
- RV contents coverage
- Insurance for any ATVs you may be towing, both for damage they may sustain being towed or being driven.
To understand what each plan covers, contact us today for more information.