Your home is your biggest investment, so make sure it’s protected with a home insurance policy. Rest easy that you and your family are protected from a disaster, which may damage your home or leave it a total loss. With a home insurance policy, you have the courage to face the unknown, knowing you will have shelter regardless of what happens.
Some common hazards homeowners face include fire, theft, internal water damage or even accidents that happen on their property, such as a dog bite or fall. By working with an Eversure Insurance agent, you will have access to exploring all your options because we work with multiple carriers to give you better choices.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
While your homeowner’s insurance can protect you from a wide range of risks, understand that not everything is covered, such as flood damage or regular wear and tear. For some perils, such as flooding, separate policies are available. Homeowners insurance policies generally include the following protections:
- Dwelling — Pays to repair or replace damages to your home and anything permanently attached to it, such as a garage, roof, chimney, attached deck, cabinets, etc.
- Other Structures — Covers damage repair or replacement of unattached garages, gazebos, decks, pools, fences, pergolas, sheds, driveways, etc.
- Personal Possessions — Pays to repair or replace just about all your belongings, including furniture, electronics, clothing, tools and more, whether stored in your home or in a garage, shed or storage facility. More expensive items, like furs, jewelry, artwork, antiques and other collectibles, can be protected with additional coverage.
- Loss of Use — Should your home be unlivable due to a covered loss, your accommodations and additional living expenses incurred can be included with the total cost of the claim.
- Medical Payments — Covers medical bills for someone else who is hurt in your home or on your property.
To understand what each plan covers, contact us today for more information.