Your ATV, UTV or side-by-side vehicle may be covered under your homeowner’s insurance for injuries and damage, but only on your property. If you plan to do something more adventurous, you should consider a special policy
that covers your four-wheeler for when you’re out hunting or running it through the mud.
Though some states don’t require insurance policies on off-road vehicles, it’s a smart decision to protect your investment and your savings. Just one serious accident could wipe out your savings or your being able to pay for medical expenses due to an injury for yourself or someone else.
The Eversure Insurance team will help you find the best ATV/UTV coverage at the best price. Your rates will be determined by your ATV’s make, model and location, as well as your age and your driving history.
Standard ATV Insurance Coverage
Standard policies include the following coverages, but various add-ons are available to further customize your ATV/UT protection.
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability — Pays for injuries you cause to someone else or damages to their property while riding your ATV/UTV. Covers injury claims and legal costs if sued.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury and Property Damage — Covers you and your passengers if a rider on another ATV causes injury or damage and he or she is uninsured or does not have enough coverage.
- Comprehensive and Collision — Protects your ATV/UTV from damage caused by fire, hitting an animal or an act of nature. Collision covers damage caused by an accident with another vehicle or object.
- Medical Payments — Pays for medical or funeral expenses for you and your passengers up to your policy limits in the event of an accident.
- Accessories/Custom Parts or Equipment — If you upgrade or customize your ATV/UTV, this coverage provides additional protection. Higher coverage limits can be purchased to cover your vehicle.
Add-ons are available to your standard coverage. These options can give you even greater peace of mind and comprehensive coverage:
- Additional Liability Coverage — Higher limits of liability insurance for others and uninsured motorist coverage to provide greater protection against financial loss.
- Total Loss Coverage — Will replace your vehicle, not just pay the fair market value, which is lower than what you actually paid for it.
- Carried Contents — Protects camping equipment, hunting gear and personal property if it falls off your vehicle.
- Roadside Assistance and Trip Interruption — Covers towing if the vehicle breaks down and food and/or lodging if you’re away from home.
To understand what each plan covers, contact us today for more information.