As a renter, you don’t have to worry about taking care of the lawn, fixing the dishwasher or paying property taxes. But being a renter doesn’t always mean care-free living. Your management company carries insurance for the structure only, not your furniture, electronics, appliances, clothing or jewelry. Only if you purchase a renter’s policy are your personal belongings protected in the event of a fire or theft.
Besides covering the replacement of your possessions, renter’s insurance can protect you if you’re found liable for damages if someone hurts themselves while in your home. This coverage is affordable and may be required by your landlord.
Before meeting with your Eversure Insurance agent, figure out how much it would cost to replace your belongings. Then request a quote. Add-ons can extend protection to jewelry, furs, firearms and more.
What Does a Renters Policy General Include?
- Personal property protection
- Family liability protection
- Guest medical protection
- Additional living expenses
- Temporary housing
- Liability protection for people on your property
- Lawsuits where you are held responsible for injury to another person or damage to another person’s property (whether the incident occurred within your rented residence or elsewhere.)
To understand what each plan covers, contact us today for more information.